Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thanks, Mom!

In a couple days, my mom will be going home. She's been here many weeks to help us so my wrists can get the rest they need. I mentioned before that I have tendonitis. I have done everything I can think of to get them better: hired baby-sitters, gone to physical therapy and doctors, taken medication, gotten cortisone shots, etc. Having my mom here was a major push to try to return my wrists to near normal operation so I can take care of my family again. They are feeling a bit better but I can tell it's going to take more time for them to be fully functional. I worry that I will back to square one soon after I'm on my own again. But, we'll cross that bridge when the time comes. I just have to hold on to the hope of eventual healing, which unfortunately can be a long haul.

"Come what may and love it." A quote from a talk by Elder Wirthlin in the October General Conference. My visiting teachers shared this message with me last week. I remembered the talk and I'm grateful to them for sharing it with me. It helps and strengthens me at this time when I often feel discouraged. It reminds me to focus on what I do have instead of what I wish could be. I think of my wonderful children and how grateful I am that they are part of our family and my life. Then, there are the many friends from my ward who have helped me in different ways. Of course, I can't forget my dear husband who works and then comes home to make meals, take care of the children, etc. all while still trying to maintain his own health (he suffers from back and neck issues).

Last but not least, my family has been a great support even though they are not in the local area. I am truly grateful that my mom's been willing to put her own life on hold for almost two months to help me try to get back on track. It's been wonderful having her here and I know the kids have really loved having Wai-Po (Chinese for maternal grandmother) here.

No comments: