Tuesday, November 9, 2010

This is SO cool!

I'm a geek at heart. I love learning about how stuff works and hearing about cool things that are being developed. I love listening to NPR and learning about different subjects like the science of cooking or why the annual performance review should be ditched. One of my favorite NPR shows is Science Friday where guests talk about science-related topics.

I really enjoyed the one time they had Dean Kamen, the inventor of the Segway, on the show talking about the FIRST robotics competition. He wanted to get kids excited about science and engineering so he started this competition where kids had to build these robots and have them compete each other in playing games. I wish I could've participated in something like this when I was a teenager. It sounds SO fun! Here's a video of Dean Kamen talking about FIRST:

No comments: