Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summer Fun

I'm a little behind on my posts. No excuses though. I really enjoy blogging but to be honest it's not at the top of my to do list right now. Taking care of myself, my family, and my home often leaves little time for anything else. And that is okay. I've accepted that there's a time and season in life for everything I want to do. That said, here are some fun things we've been doing...

Superday: In Cheyenne, the rec department puts on a wonderful event called "Superday" to highlight all the great activities that are available in this town. There are 5K/10K walk/runs, a bike race, a judo tournament, a volleyball tournament, etc. It's held at the largest park in Cheyenne where booths are set up for all sorts of things. There's an area where local artists and crafts people sell their wares. Another area has clubs and organizations sharing information. There's a children's carnival. And what's a great event without food? Superday is just a fun day for the community to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather at the park.

We love going to Superday. I wasn't ready this year but next year I plan on doing the 5k run. Charlie had a lot of fun going down the huge blowup slide and going in the bounce maze. The carnival was great too. The Lions Club gave free rides in their miniature train. Both Charlie and Ellie loved it. We finished off our superfun by walking through the booths for freebies and grabbing lunch.


















4th of July:
We had a pretty laidback 4th of July. There was a kiddie parade downtown so I took the kids. I didn't expect much but I have to say the kiddie parade was a disappointment. I thought maybe there'd be at least few floats but all we saw was a group of parents walking with their kids in decorated wagons, bikes, strollers, etc. I guess I just had a different idea of what a parade should be!!

After the parade we headed to the park for a barbecue with a couple of friends. We expected the day to be warmer but it ended up feeling a little chilly! That's Cheyenne weather for ya, you just can't be too surprised by it. Anyway, it was a beautiful day and we were lucky we decided to do a barbecue for lunch instead of later in the day when a huge rainstorm occurred.

1 comment:

Company EIGHT said...

That looks like so much fun!!