Friday, November 6, 2009

New and Surprising

Recently, we've had a few interesting experiences...

1. Two snowstorms in October- Having lived in Cheyenne for 2.5 years, I thought we'd seen it all: high winds, hail storms in July, highways shutting down in winter storms, etc. But, a snowstorm the first week of October beat it all. I'd never seen snow in October before, let alone twice! Apparently, the amount of snow we got last month was the average amount of snow this area gets in one winter.

Our backyard after the first snow storm:
After the second snow storm:
2. My first auction - A friend had told me about an auction in town and I wanted to go see it for myself. She was supposed to come with me but spaced it. I was nervous but decided to go by myself anyway.

It was definitely an interesting experience! I made a an embarrassing mistake on my first bid and won a box of sheet music for $65. That was a lot more than I wanted to pay for it! Seeing the shocked look on my face, the auctioneer was kind enough to redo the bid. Someone else got a steal on the music once I was out of the bidding. I did get a swivel rocker for $10, a chair for $5, and VCR for $5.
3. A new bed. We finally got around to getting Charlie a twin bed. Can you tell what he thinks? We were worried about him falling out of bed but so far so good!
4. A trip to the park - It's the beginning of November, hardly a time you'd think of going to the park. Well... apparently in Cheyenne anything is possible! It was gorgeous and 66 degrees so we made sure to spend it out of doors. I took the kids to our favorite park in town. We took a little walk and afterward my plan was to let the kids play at the playground. As we ended the walk, I suddenly remembered that a new children's garden had just opened at the park so we went there to see it. What a great place! The kids loved all the neat water features there. It was really hard to tear the kids away.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

It's so funny to read about people in the cold having a warm day to go to the park because this is the time of year that I love, I can finally go to the park. Looks like Charlie is really going to enjoy his new bed.