Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What I'm Grateful For

Around Thanksgiving time it's natural to think of things for which we are grateful. President Thomas S. Monson, President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints said: "Our realization of what is most important in life goes hand in hand with gratitude for our blessings" (October 2008 General Conference).

When I think about what I am grateful for, President Monson's statement rings true. These things are truly important to me... Here are a few:

* My relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ
* The atonement of Jesus Christ
* The restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ and all its ordinances
* My husband
* My children
* Inspiration by the Spirit
* My health
* A home
* Extended family members
* Friends
* Temples
* Opportunity for education and learning
* Good books
* The beauty of the earth
* Living in a free land
* Motherhood
* Life

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

There are so many things to be grateful for. I love this time of year that everyone, regardless of their faith, is able to focus on their blessings. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Company EIGHT said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you guys have a wonderful holiday!