Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July

As I'm sitting here in front of my computer, I'm supposed to be doing stuff - laundry, dishes, sweeping, packing, etc., etc. But, I'm procrastinating and wiling away the minutes doing meaningless things.

This month has been a difficult month. It's gone by pretty quickly, which is good since a lot of times time seems to go by slowly when things are not going well.

I got some sad news on the 4th of July. My dad got shot. Fortunately, he's okay now. He was in the hospital for 10 days and has been recuperating at home. But, yeah, that's the kind of news that stops you in your tracks. I have been feeling fine - I mean, I feel terrible that it happened but I'm okay. You never want something like this to happen to your own father. It's unthinkable even though it happens everyday. Just not to anyone you know and love. You hear it in the news and you don't really think about it. You never wonder how it affects the people it happens to.

Well, I know now.

I'm relieved he's okay. But, even though I'm okay and he's okay, I think deep down, we're all a little shaken. I haven't been sleeping well. The past few weeks since I got the news, I've been having difficulty falling asleep and getting up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall back to sleep very well. It's been better lately. I think it's just the shock of the news and my mind processing it.

2 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

Linda!! I'm so sorry! What happened??? I'm so glad he's okay, but I can understand why you would be so shaken up. (((hugs)))

Lynette said...

Wow! That would be a traumatic situation to deal with. I'm glad to hear he's okay. Certainly not the kind of situation you can ever prepare yourself for.