Friday, August 13, 2010

A New Calling

I got a new calling! I was beginning to think the Bishopric had forgotten about me because I was released from my Nursery calling several months ago and hadn't gotten a new one. I still had my calling on the Enrichment (um... Relief Society Meeting?) Committee but it doesn't seem to count since we haven't been having very many activities. Although I am also in charge of playgroup, which technically isn't a calling but I do have to coordinate it and attend every week.

Anyway, we're in the midst of many changes in our ward since a new ward is being made from our ward and the other ward that meets in our building. We've already had about 6 families move out this summer and add at least 10 active families that are being taken because of the new ward and our numbers have diminished significantly. So because of all the changes, people are being shuffled around and everyone is going to have to step up and do more work. We got asked to meet with the first counselor in the Bishopric and I had a feeling that it was me that was going to get a calling in a certain organization. I won't get sustained until Sunday and there's kind of an unspoken rule that you don't tell people what you're called to until after being sustained. But I just wanted to say that I'm really excited for this new calling and opportunity to serve. It will be a challenge but a blessing as well. It's kind of exciting to be on the front row of growth in the church!

2 comments:

Jewels said...

what is the calling?

luckyduck said...

Second Counselor in YW