Friday, March 2, 2012

Musings

Man, I'm terrible at this blogging thing!  I've been getting major insomnia now that Ellie likes to wake up at odd hours wanting to use the potty.  I don't know why I have such a bad time trying to fall back to sleep.  Part of the problem is I always end up thinking - one thought leads to another and before I realize it I've let my mind wander for two hours.

One of the things I usually end up thinking about is how I could write about this or that on my blog but do I ever actually do it?  No, because I always forget.  But, I do always think I would like to write more than just once or twice a month.  I'm not sure why I want to write more seeing as how my audience is tiny but I guess maybe if I did write more I might get more people interested in reading it.

Tonight my husband and I are going on a date!  We really try to go on them more often but it usually ends up being once a month (maybe twice if we're lucky).  It's really nice that we have a few baby-sitters to call on and the kids get excited about having a baby-sitter.  :-)

Our standard is going out to dinner and then seeing a movie.  It's pretty much the only thing to do around here, especially when it's cold and windy.  There are a couple of restaurants we really like - one is more upscale and pricey and the other one is cheaper and faster but still good.  The nice place was one we just went to on Monday night as a family (paid for by a work-related vendor!) so tonight we're going to the second one.  Yummy!  I can't wait to spend some one-on-one time with my honey!

If anyone has some fun date ideas, I'd love to hear about them!

2 comments:

Liisi said...

Yeah another Mormon blogger!

I was trying to find out where you are located because you sound just like me and my husband. We're in UT, and after 2 years of living here we can finally go on limited dates, but dates none the less because we finally have a YW who will babysit.

But our issues are also what to do...you can only eat out so often before you're done with that type of food. And movies...that's about the same story too.

I hope we can make some gaming friend who like to get together to play games (board, wii, kinect, whatever) because that could be fun..) maybe you could try it too?
Good luck
Liisi from http://momsthumb.blogspot.com/

luckyduck said...

Elizabeth - We're actually in Wyoming. It would be nice to find some friends to hang out with and go on double dates with. So far, we haven't had much luck. We've invited several families/people over for dinner through the years but with little reciprocation. So...not sure why? Don't know if I should feel bad about it... I guess we just haven't found people we click with as a couple yet.