Monday, December 8, 2008

A Good Day

It was quiet and peaceful when I woke up this morning. Something seemed off. I looked at my watch and it was almost 9. Dan had already been gone at least an hour. I wondered if he'd put a program on for Charlie but no, he was still sound asleep in bed and so was the baby. And, I feel rested. That's amazing; I can't remember the last time I got this much sleep.

When you're a mother, sleeping-in is not an option. In my case, my wake up call comes in the form of a 3-year-old boy who comes to my side of the bed every morning asking for chocolate milk. But don't think I'm complaining, I'll take that over what he used to do which was to wake up 2 - 3 times a night wanting milk and needing a diaper change.

The day gets better. My visiting teachers arrive with goodies: fresh, warm-out-of-the-oven banana bread and a plateful of homemade fudge and cookies. We enjoy visiting and chatting; Charlie gets to play with a couple of kids they brought.

After lunch, the kids go down for a nap around the same time and sleep for about two-hours! That almost never happens. I am left with time on my hands which I quickly fill trying to whittle down my to-do list.

How do I order another day like this? Ironically, if everyday was like this, I probably wouldn't appreciate it as much.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When your lover is gone, you will still have peanut butter!