Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I want to do all by myself!

This morning, I was changing Charlie out of his PJs and when I was getting ready to unbutton the shirt, he said, "Mommy, I want to do all by myself!" Then, he proceeded to unbutton his shirt. It was really hard for me to let him just do it. If you have had a three-year-old, you know how much longer it takes for them to do something that would take you a minute. But, I've decided to let him just try to do some things on his own, under my supervision of course.

Here are a couple other things Charlie likes to do on his own: Put the toothpaste on his toothbrush. This is usually dangerous because he squeezes really hard and too much comes out. Oh well, he tries.
Brush his teeth. I usually help him brush after he's done to make sure all the teeth got brushed. I'm a stickler for clean teeth.
I'm really glad that Charlie enjoys trying out new things. He really likes to be independent. I remember when he started eating solid food, he would try to grab the spoon so he could feed himself. Back then, he couldn't tell me what he wanted but now he often tells me, "I want to do all by myself!" or "I did it!"

My baby's not such a baby anymore!


No comments: