Thursday, December 4, 2008

On the Move

I mentioned before that Ellie can crawl. In addition to being able to get into corners, now she's working on climbing stairs. I wonder if this is all motivated by the way our house is set-up. We have a sunroom addition that connects to our dining area via two wide steps. Ellie spends a lot of time in the sunroom while I'm in the kitchen or dining area, so when she started crawling she would get to the steps and be stuck there. Recently, she's started trying to get up on the steps.

Up until today, she's only been able to get her torso up on the step. She has also been trying to get up our basement stairs (see below).

I just now discovered her actually above the first step! Obviously, I'm so proud of her for having figured it out on her own but I am also not too eager for her to be able to get around too well. With Charlie, I was more excited about him getting mobile but knowing what that mobility brings, I look on Ellie's accomplishment with a mixture of pride and reservation.

No comments: