Friday, January 25, 2013

Review of Party Supply Websites

Per my post yesterday about Coming Back to Blogging, I will be doing reviews of things that interest me and may interest others as well.  The kick that off, I am writing my first review this year.

My daughter's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks.  Like most little kids, she loves birthday parties so of course I have to throw her one.  The first thing we did was decide on a theme: Ni Hao, Kailan!  If you don't know about Kailan, you are missing out!  I wrote about this cute show several years ago.

I looked everywhere in Cheyenne for Kailan-themed party supplies but no stores carried them.  Obviously, Kailan is not popular here!  So I had to look online and luckily I found tons of websites that sold Kailan stuff.  Yeah!

(This is an independent review.  I was not compensated in any way for writing this review.)

I had to order from two different websites to get all the stuff I wanted.  Party City had the dragon pinata and better prices on the invitations and table cover.  Birthday Party Direct had the cake decorating kit and everything else.  I'm getting the cake decorating kit because the store I'm ordering the cake from does not have the kit for Kailan.

Both websites were pretty easy to navigate and offered free shipping.  Birthday Party Direct required a minimum purchase of $40 for the free shipping but Party City's minimum was only $20.  My order for Party City was made last Wednesday evening and the stuff came this Wednesday so it only took four business days to get here.  I just made my order from Birthday Party Direct yesterday so the verdict is still out on their delivery time.

After ordering, both websites asked me to fill out a survey on my shopping experience, which I did.  The surveys were run by a third-party website, BizRate.  At the end of Birthday Party Direct's survey, I was offered free subscriptions to four magazines worth $100 magazine which required me to pay a $2 processing fee per subscription.  I was also entered into a drawing for $20.

Come back to read follow-up post on how Birthday Party Direct does on delivery time!

2 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

I'm excited you're "back" to blogging, Linda!!!! It was fun to see you only for a second int he hallway in Michigan--you looked great!!

luckyduck said...

Thanks, Kierste! It was fun to see you too! I love keeping up on you and your family by reading your blog. You are an inspiration!