Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Updates

(Note: After reading the original version of this post, I decided to edit it.  I'm trying to improve my writing and I realized that I could do better.  Sorry if you got the email version of this and are reading it again!)

Party Supply Order

I promised to give an update on my order from Birthday Party Direct.  We received the package on Tuesday, so it took them less than three business days to get it to me!  That's very good service!  My only complaint is that the edible image for the cake was smaller than I'd expected.  Ellie was super excited when the package came and we opened it.  She wanted to blow the balloons up right then and there.

My Wrists

My wrists seem to be holding up under the increased activity I've been doing.  I do feel some discomfort sometimes but so far it hasn't been too bad.  I am hopeful that this trend continues.  It's hard to know how things will progress because it's only been a few days that I've had to be on my own so far.  So, I'm still careful but I am doing quite a bit more because when you're a mom, there's no end to the work to be done.

Near the end of the day yesterday, I felt just a tiny bit of pain in the left wrist.  However, it went away this morning.  Today I did more than usual because a friend was coming over to watch Ellie and Gordon so I could go pick up my son from school and I didn't want her to see what a disaster my house was!  I tidied up the kitchen and dining areas and living room and also folded and put away some laundry. It wasn't spotless but it was a lot better than before.  Why is it that we women want to make it seem like our homes are always clean when they're not?  Anyway, it felt good to get some work done.  Before I had this problem, I used to complain about doing dishes or other chores but now I am grateful to be able to do those things.  I guess it's all comes down to your perspective!  Funny how one starts to appreciate certain things when one does not have them anymore.

Gordon

This sweet baby boy is the joy of our lives.  Each member of our family loves him to pieces!  I love watching Dan and our two kids interact with him.  Seeing him always brings a smile to everyone's face.  

No comments: