Sunday, February 1, 2009

Goals

A couple of weeks ago, for Family Home Evening, we wrote our goals for this year on cardstock paper. Each person had his/her goals, even our baby whose goals were to sleep through the night and eat real food (she loves nursing!). Then, we cut out images that are related to each goal and glued them by our lists. The goals are posted in visible places so we can look at them every day.

A good friend of mine said that a goal is not a goal until it's written down. I think there's something to that thought. When we wrote down our goals, I thought to myself that it's going to be pretty tough to accomplish some of them. However, as I have walked past each person's poster, I've realized that we've each made a little progress toward those goals. I think it's been helpful to be reminded of our goals everyday and it feels good to know we're a bit closer to the end result.

No comments: